At Mountain Shadows we offer Preschool Gymnastics Programs, Boys and Girls Recreational Programs as well as Trampoline and Tumbling Programs!
- Preschool programs – once per week for one hour and are geared for children ages 18 months – 5 years. We have broken this program into Busy Bees (a parent assisted class) and Mighty Mites (non-parent assisted).
- Busy Bees program – a parent and child centred program for kids’ ages 18 months – 3 years and 3 months of age. Parents are actively involved with their children as the program begins with a musical warm-up and a stretch. Parents will then follow along with the group and help their children as they work on all the different apparatus in the gym.
- Mighty Mites program – begins to offer the children some independence as kids ages 3 years and 3 months – 5 years of age participate without mom or dad. Each class begins with a musical warm-up and a stretch and then will move onto rotations through out the gym allowing the kids to work on all the different apparatus in the gym.
The focus of the Preschool programs is to develop kids’ hand eye coordination, strength and flexibility and motor skills through gymnastics. Kids in this program have the opportunity to work on all of the different apparatus including beam, bars, trampoline, floor and games and activities in the pit.
- Boys and Girls Recreational Gymnastics – This program is designed for children who wish to learn the sport of gymnastics. At this stage we no longer have them in co-ed classes, but have split our programs into a 5-7year old class and an 8 years and up class. We follow the CanGym badge program designed by Gymnastics Canada Gymnastique. CanGym is a progressive 12 step program that challenges children to develop their gymnastic skills in a fun, safe and progressive manner. Children receive a badge upon completing each stage of the program.
- Girls Rec (5-7yrs) – offered once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes while Girls Rec (8yrs & up) is offered once a week for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Girls will gain experience on the vault, bars, beam, floor and trampoline.
- Above the Bar – a great program for girls who are ready for a more intense level of training. This program is offered once a week for 2 hours. Girls must be at least 8 years of age and in the Turquoise badge level or higher.
- Boys Rec (5-7yrs) – offered once a week for 1 hour and 15 minutes while Boys Rec (8yrs & up) is offered once a week for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Boys will gain experience on floor, high bar, vault and trampoline.
- Flip, Flop & Fly – This program is designed for kids who love to tumble and bounce. Following a modified CanJump program, children can progress through the levels learning different trampoline, double mini-trampoline and tumbling skills. This is an excellent program for kids of all sizes and abilities. This is an hour and a half long co-ed program.
- Advanced Flip, Flop & Fly – a program that builds on skills for those who crave a little more. This program runs once per week for 2 hours. Kids must be in black level or higher to be in this program.