Hello Everyone! We are so happy to be back doing what we love and your support through all of this has been amazing.
Thursday September 16th, 2021
We would like to thank everyone for your patience during this latest round of changes at the 11th hour. We have done our best to sift through the information and come up with what pertains to our business operations. At this time the one thing we are most thankful for… the kids get to remain in programs! We will however have a few more guidelines in place effective immediately.
• please arrive only 5 minutes prior to class start time. We will not be able to accommodate early arrivals. It will be most helpful if kids can come dressed and ready to go for class
• the viewing area will remain open for the time being, BUT is limited to a MAXIMUM of 8 people upstairs at all times. This will remain under review and if problems arise, parent viewing will be closed
• only 1 parent per household for viewing (no siblings please)
• please maintain distancing while in the viewing area
• masks must be worn while entering and exiting the facility and in all common areas. The kids will be able to remove their masks just prior to entering the gym and will not have to wear them while participating in class. Parents who are in the Busy Bees class with their child will be required to wear masks during the class
• parents are encouraged to wait outside for their child after class to limit congestion at the front doors
• all drop in times will be cancelled until further notice
• all birthday parties will be cancelled until further notice
• as always, if you or your child is feeling unwell, please stay home!!
We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause and hope that it is only short term. We are so very thankful for the members that continue to support us during these crazy times. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.
MSGC Management and Staff
Mountain Shadows Gymnastics Club (MSGC) opened its doors in Okotoks, Alberta on October 15, 1996. As one of the few privately owned gymnastic clubs in Alberta, MSGC offers an 8000 square meter facility equipped for recreational programs and a girls’ competitive program for gymnasts in JO Level 2 to 10. Equipped with 3 floor-level trampolines and a large 6 foot deep loose foam pit, MSGC is an excellent location for all types of recreational gymnastics for boys and girls as well as recreational trampolining and tumbling and all types of group outings and birthdays.
Located in the fast-growing town of Okotoks, MSGC not only serves the many gymnasts and groups of its home town, but is also within a 15 minute drive of Calgary, High River, Black Diamond, and Turner Valley areas.
MSGC is owned by Jim McLuskey, who has over 50 years’ experience coaching competitive and recreational gymnastics. He is a Level 3 certified coach in the National Coaching Certification Program and also has a degree in Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education. Jim was also founder and head coach of the Altadore Gymnastics Club of Calgary. All of the Mountain Shadows staff are certified in the National Coaching Certification Program and are members of the Alberta Gymnastics Federation. Coaches are here to support and encourage children of all ages and abilities in the sport of gymnastics. Michelle Bahr is the manager and has been with Mountain Shadows in this capacity almost since its opening. Mountain Shadows prides itself in the fact they offer well organized and quality programs for all the gymnasts of the area.