Mountain Shadows Gymnastics Club offers competitive training to female gymnasts ages 5 and up from JO Level 2-10. Training hours range from 4-20 hours per week with costs between $200-$600 per month. This is a yearly program that runs from July to June. Try outs are held each spring (late may/early June) for the upcoming year. The girls can attend a variety of local area meets throughout Alberta and BC as well as travelling to the USA.
Training groups consist of 4-7 gymnasts and are coordinated by our great coaching staff. Our gymnasts hold a large number of provincial titles, have been Alberta Winter Games and Western Canada Summer Games team members and most recently have sent gymnasts to Western Canadian Championships who each brought home individual GOLD medals!
We invite you to compare and consider the advantages of having your young gymnast become a long-term member of our competitive gymnastics family.
- Maturity and Experience – most of our instructors have more than 10 years coaching experience, hold Level 3 and 4 coaching certification, have current CRC, Respect in Sport, CPR and First Aid as well as teaching degrees.
- Consistency – as a privately owned club our program is not compromised by changing boards of directors or constantly moving coaches.
- Proven Competitive Success – with among the lowest training hours of any gym in the province, Mountain Shadows gymnasts have achieved great success at Zones, Provincials, Alberta Winter Games and most recently at Western Canadian Championships.
- Training Groups – our competitive gymnasts train in peer groups that promote the best chance for development and success. All athletes are involved in a flexibility and conditioning program as well as a dance component for athletes in JO Levels 4-10.
- Travel Opportunities for All Levels – each year we attend province wide competitions as well as those held in BC. We do travel extensively in the US including places such as Hawaii, San Diego, Phoenix, Florida, Idaho and Montana.
- The Parent Association Advantage – in our organization, parent generated funds go directly to the gymnast. Items such as rent, coaches wages, office expenses, etc. are covered by ownership.
Many of our gymnasts complete their entire competitive careers with us remaining after graduation in coaching or judging positions. For effective coaching plus a gym where your gymnast wants to be in a comfortable, personable atmosphere, Mountain Shadows should be your competitive choice.